The Process of Becoming a Member of Culloden Church:
Before you can become a member there are a few prerequisites:
- Confession of Christ as your personal Saviour and Lord.
- Willingness to submit to the authority of Scripture, and to those placed in positions of spiritual authority.
- Take the Membership class to understand the Vision and values of Culloden Church. Also, this class is an opportunity to explore the scriptural foundation for the value of the church and why the formal joining of a local church is valuable.
- you have been baptized as a believer (if you want to know more about what this means, take the Baptism Class)
- Where a person has previously been a member of another church a letter of transfer or similar evidence of good standing will be requested.
If you have any questions or concerns with regard to the above, please contact Pastor Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Become a Member?
Here are a few reasons (More are covered in the class)
- Membership gives believers a sense of belonging (Hebrews 10:23-25).
- By becoming a member, you accept responsibility for a group of fellow believers and you yourself become accountable to mature brothers and sisters in Christ (Galatians 6:1-2, 10; Hebrews 13:17).
- You understand and want to actively participate in the vision of this specific local church
- you want to grow spiritually & understand the local church is the way Jesus wants us to encourage others to follow Christ & serve each other with the gifts God has given us
- Membership keeps us legal. The government recognizes churches if they have a credible membership and organization. Obedience to these laws affirms we are responsible citizens with a desire to serve (1 Timothy 3:2; 1 Peter 2:13-17).