The Process of Becoming a Member of Culloden Church:
Before you can become a member there are a few prerequisites:
- Confession of Christ as your personal Saviour and Lord.
- Willingness to submit to the authority of Scripture, and to those placed in positions of spiritual authority.
- Take the Membership class to understand the Vision and values of Culloden Church. Also, this class is an opportunity to explore the scriptural foundation for the value of the church and why the formal joining of a local church is valuable.
- Baptism on confession of faith. We will not ask for proof of baptism but those baptized as infants, or before they were able to make an informed decision, will be required to be re-baptized. For more information on our next Baptism Class contact the email@example.com
- Where a person has previously been a member of another church a letter of transfer or similar evidence of good standing will be requested.
If you have any questions or concerns with regard to the above, please contact Pastor Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Become a Member?
- Membership gives believers a sense of belonging (Hebrews 10:23-25).
- By becoming a member, you accept responsibility for a group of fellow believers and you yourself become accountable to mature brothers and sisters in Christ (Galatians 6:1-2, 10; Hebrews 13:17).
- Membership keeps us legal. The government recognizes churches if they have a credible membership and organization. Obedience to these laws affirms we are responsible citizens with a desire to serve (1 Timothy 3:2; 1 Peter 2:13-17).